Connect with other betrayed spouses on Twitter

"Trauma is more painful when lived in isolation" 
Esther Perel, expert couple therapist

You don't have to go through pain alone. Having a network of supportive friends has sped up my recovery. Once my real life friends heard me patiently, reminded me they were there for me and kept me company the few weeks after discovery day, I started turning towards my virtual connections to avoid overloading the former.

I found much comfort in AffairRecovery.com and their video blogs, especially those by @infidelityscars. I then decided to open a new twitter account to connect exclusively with people who have experienced infidelity. This would ensure I could share details of my recovery, the affair and anything else that could help ease the pain.

I became @sailinginfidel1 and felt free to tweet about how angry I was or how sad. I would immediately get at least one reply from my tweeps with a supportive phrase such as "I hear you". I was no longer alone.

Twitter is the place to connect with people who open up about their pain in the safety of anonymity. If I did it, you can too. Don't suffer alone and don't burden your real life friends by repeating yourself to them. On Twitter you can do that with the certainty that someone, somewhere is feeling exactly like you are.

These connections are powerful. What are you waiting for? Open your account today. Use a handle relevant to what you are looking for. Check out my account  if you are a betrayed spouse and follow my connections there. It is a great place to start. Don't forget to use a relevant hashtag. Ours is #infidelity and there are many more.

Happy tweeting,

Helen

Comments

Most viewed articles